The most advanced and versatile shoe in the Under Armour range, the UA HOVR Phantom 2 brings with it several improvements on its predecessor.
Following in the footsteps of previous UA HOVR Phantom models, the team from UA have improved some of the key design and performance features, such as increased cushioning, a more snug fit, and improved tech like training plans via MapMyRun. It’s the connectivity with the UA MapMyRun App that takes this footwear to a new space in the running shoe realms. Through the app, via a Bluetooth chip located on the sole of the shoe that pairs with it, the HOVR Phantom 2 can better track your training. It allows you to thoroughly assess your session and make adjustments as you go, like increasing cadence or pace to achieve your goals. It’s a handy tool for those who like tech and are constantly looking at every detail of their training.
The new, stretchy, sock-like fit, makes it feel comfy as soon as you slide it on. Add into the mix a soft, supportive midfoot, and you have a shoe that gives you confidence and comfort to boot. It’s a neutral fit, with a 9mm drop, and the heel cup provides ample support. So it’s kind on the Achilles and versatile in its application. The cushioning is provided by the UA HOVR™ technology foam, which gives plenty back on foot-strike, getting the most out of every step.
On the outside you have and a durable, flexible outsole and a tread that provides ample grip for road running. A wet or muddy trail is not where these belong, however they’re perfectly capable on gravel and grass. The upper breaths adequately and is robust enough to handle plenty of wear and tear. And from an aesthetic perspective, the Phantom 2 looks great!
To summarise, the Phantom 2 brings added comfort to an already quality shoe. It’s a safe option for those after a stylish set of kicks for regular for easy and moderate paced efforts. The App connectivity is really handy for training analysis and keeping you motivated while on the move. For your average runner, it might even replace your coach!
- CONNECTS TO UA MAPMYRUN™: tracks & analyses your running metrics to help make you a better runner
- UA HOVR™ technology for energy return that helps eliminate impact
- Engineered flat knit upper for zonal stretch & support where you need it with a sock-like fit & feel
- Molded midfoot panel for added structure & plush interior cushioning
- Ultra-breathable, SpeedForm® 2.0 sockliner provides softer underfoot support
- Full rubber outsole with knobbed texture for traction & durability
- External heel counter creates support
- Offset: 9mm
- Weight: 330grams
- NEUTRAL: For runners who need a balance of flexibility & cushioning